1/1 Photo of Tiramisu'
a classical italian dessert , my boyfriend's favourite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g mascarpone (an Italian creamy cheese, you can substitute with ricotta, another Italian cheese, for a low-fat ver)
- 4 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1/2-1 cup strong coffee
- 300 g ladyfingers or 300 g sponge cakes, cut in squares
- 3 tablespoons brandy (I personally prefer it without spirits) (optional) or 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur (I personally prefer it without spirits) (optional)
- 1beat sugar and egg yolks until white and frothy.
- 2whisk egg whites until stiff.
- 3fold mascarpone (or ricotta) into egg mixture.
- 4add egg whites carefully.
- 5pour coffee (and brandy or coffee liqueur if using) in a shallow bowl, dip biscuits (or pieces of sponge cake) in it, taking care not to soak them completely, and put them in a square tin (actually I make it in a glass loaf tin) in a single layer.
- 6cover with the cheese cream and continue layering the ingredients, leaving the cream on top, dust with cocoa.
- 7cover and refrigerate for a few hours or even overnight so that the biscuits have time to become moist and flavourful.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu'
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 242.6 mg
- Sodium 90.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: