Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried tis recipe. I got the recipe from Betty Crocker. Exchanges 1 starch; 3 1/2 fat.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons light rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 3 ounces ladyfingers (12 ladyfingers)
- 1⁄2 cup cold brewed espresso or 1⁄2 cup strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in rum on low speed; set aside.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Split ladyfingers horizontally in half. Arrange half of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, on bottom of ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches, or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches. Drizzle 1/4 cup of the espresso over ladyfingers. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Arrange remaining ladyfingers, cut sides up, on cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup espresso. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Sift or sprinkle cocoa over top. Cover and refrigerate about 4 hours or until filling is firm. Store covered in refrigerator.