A classic Italian dessert. Perfect for those like me who loves dessert but is not a big fan of sweets. Everything is home made but still easy. =) note: espresso can be substituted by 2 tsp coffee granules in 3 tbsp hot water. another idea is to make tiramisu cupcakes. bake the cake on a greased muffin pan, 3 tbsp of batter on each cup. slice the muffin horizontally. layer on a paper cup.
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar. After well blended, add the egg. Gradually mix in flour and milk, alternating the two. Add espresso. Batter will be bitter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 13x9 inch pan for a thin, even layer.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar starting at low speed then to medium speed until smooth. add amaretto. Let it chill in the refrigerator while working on the heavy cream.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks. Fold in with the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until the cake is done and cooled. Do NOT cover or condensation might take place.
- After cooling, divide the cake into 12 even portions. Start layering. cake, cream, cake, cream. Chill for about an hour. Top it with shaved chocolate or fresh berries or serve as is.