Recipe by Diamond Joe
This is a quick, easy recipe. I will posting more of my desserts as well as old Italian favs, hope you all enjoy this one!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This recipe is PERFECT! I chose this one because the egg yolks weren't going in raw. Followed exactly with wonderful results. After chilling for 2.5 hours, the ladyfingers were still a tiny bit crunchy at parts, but the next day and even the day after that (the little bit that was left!), it was everything you expect from a Tiramisu. Thanks so much for posting...it made my son's birthday very special.
- 4 egg yolks (whites not used)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 10 ounces strong coffee, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua or 1⁄3 cup Tia Maria
- 500 g ladyfingers (Savoirdi)
- chocolate shavings, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the 4 egg yolks and sugar in a heavy gauge steel bowl and set over just boiling water, or use a double boiler and whisk the eggs and sugar constantly until they become thick, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add Marscapone to the eggs and mix to combine.
- In a seperate bowl, whip cream until medium to stiff peaks form, fold into cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a seperate large bowl, add coffee and Kahlua. Quickly dip each cookie in the mixture on both side and begin to line a 9x13 pan with the cookies.
- Once a layer is down, spoon 1/2 the cheese mixture CAREFULLY over coffee soaked cookies.
- Repeat this with another layer of cookies and the other half of the cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly dust the top with cocoa powder and good quality shaved chocolate.