Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from Ciao Italia and think it's the best I've ever tasted. Be sure to use a good quality espresso and cognac. Enjoy.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 1 cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 20 italian ladyfingers, toasted
- In a bowl, combine egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon espresso, and cognac.
- Beat mixture with a beater until foamy (2-3 minutes).
- Add cheese and mix 3-5 minutes until mixture is very smooth.
- In a large bowl combine egg whites with 1/8 teaspoon of sugar and beat until stiff.
- Gently fold mascarpone mixture into whites.
- Set aside.
- Pour 1 cup espresso into shallow bowl.
- Dip each ladyfinger quickly on both sides into espresso.
- Arrange a layer of 6-7 ladyfingers in bottom of a decorative serving bowl.
- Spread 1/3 mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers.
- Continue layering, finishing with the mascarpone mixture.
- Sift cocoa over top and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
here in italy we use Ruhm/brandy istead of cognac...... bye paula
Instead of ladyfingers,I made my own dough,it turns good.And because Tiramisu is so creamy, I think it`s more yummy and more appealing if it`s filled with fruits.I used tangerine anyway.
The best ever tiramisu