Recipe by Hanka
The real secret to a good Tiramisu is to use Italian cheese Mascarpone and let it rest in a fridge over night before you serve it. I make mine in individual glasses for a nice presentation. This is one of my favorite dessert. Recipe is easy so anyone can make and enjoy this popular treat. It freeze well.
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 pinch of freshly grounded nutmeg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 200 g ladyfingers
- cocoa powder (to garnish)
- chocolate shavings (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix coffee, rum and coffee liqueur. Set a side.
- In a large bowl beat with el. mixer egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick.
- Add mascarpone cheese, nutmeg, cinnamon and mix until combine.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Add to the mascarpone mixture.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into mascarpone mixture.
- On a bottom of 8oz. glass put dipped lady fingers and cover with layer of mascarpone cream mixture and repeat layering finishing with macarpone cream.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder, cover and chill over night.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings if you like.
- When you whip egg whites and cream make sure your beaters are clean.