Recipe by Meghan
A delicious tiramisu that is very, very easy to make and also makes an excellent impression to dinner guests when served in stemware.
Top Review by michange
Like others I used pound cake and cocoa for garnish. It was VERY good and most importantly easy to make ahead. I ate leftovers the next day and think it was even better the second day.
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup very hot water
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua, mixed with the hot water (or other coffe liqueur)
- 12 crisp dry imported italian ladyfingers (Savoiardi)
- cinnamon (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl blend cheese, cream and sugar with an electric mixer on low.
- Then beat on high until the mixture thickens-about 3 minutes.
- Place Kahlua mixed with hot water in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Cut 8 of the lady fingers in half crosswise.
- Dip two of these pieces quickly in the liqueur mixture, and place in the bottom of a stemmed, balloon-shaped wine glass.
- Dollop a spoonful of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers in the glass and spread to cover.
- Dip two more lady fingers placing them in the glass as well, followed by another dollop of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining ingredients in three more wine glasses.
- Garnish with light sprinkle of cinnamon and one of the remaining 4 undipped ladyfingers.
- Serve immediately or chill until serving time.