Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a rich and popular Italian dessert and a hit among coffee lovers. I found the recipe in the local magazine here n I am so happy I did! Its yummy:)
- 200 g sponge cakes or 200 g wafers
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat cream well.
- Add sugar.
- Beat again till it becomes stiff.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with brown sugar and cinnamon powder well.
- Now add the cheese and the whipped cream.
- Mix well.
- In a deep dessert bowl, arrange half of the sponge cake.
- Now top it with coffee powder and then spread the cream mixture evenly with a spatula.
- Arrange the second half of sponge cake over the cream mixture.
- Again spread coffee powder and then the cream mixture.
- Using a sieve, spread the cocoa powder evenly over the cream mixture.
- Wrap it and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into pieces and serve the following day.