Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious version uses only egg yolks for those concerned about raw egg whites!
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 200 g ladyfingers
- 4 tablespoons strong espresso
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- cocoa powder
- Whip the cream and 1 Tbsp sugar until stiff.
- Mix egg yolks with the rest of the sugar on the highest mixer speed until creamy.
- Add Mascarpone then stir in whipped cream on lowest mixer speed.
- Line flat ovenproof dish with sponge fingers.
- Mix espresso and Amaretto and trickle over the bisuits (don't soak them).
- Spread a layer of cream over the biscuits.
- Add a second layer of sponger fingers sprinkled with the coffee/amaretto mixture.
- Cover with final layer of cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
This was good, has the traditional tiramsu flavor. I liked the addition of the amaretto to the expresso. But, if you're worried about using raw eggs in recipes, the yolks are more prone to contamination than the whites, not the other way around.