Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy recipe for a fantastic dessert!
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup espresso coffee or 1 cup very strong coffee
- 3 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 24 ladyfingers
- cocoa powder
- In a large bowl beat sugar and egg yolks well-you want it a pale yellow creamy color.
- Add mascarpone and beat until JUST mixed.
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- Fold into mascarpone mixture.
- In another small bowl combine espresso and booze.
- Dip cookies and place 1 layer in an 8x8-inch deep-dish glass casserole dish.
- Cover with half the cheese mixture.
- Top that with another layer of dipped cookies and top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with cocoa.
- A nice touch would be to also add chocolate curls.
Great recipe, easy to make. I used 5 tbsp of amaretto in place of coffee liqueur, 4 tbsp of sugar in the egg yolk mix and 2 tsp of sugar in the whisked egg white mix. Next time I make this recipe, I will be more careful about how long I am dipping the lady finger cookies into the coffee/liquor. A swift dip will suffice for it to moisten over night because I found mine to be too soggy at serving time (though it didn't detract from the taste). Finally, I added a little bakers chocolate shavings into the marscapone mix. Prima!
Wonderful recipe~! I made this at the holidays and my guests just RAVED about it! I would definately make this one again.
Great easy recipe! I substitutes 5 tbsp of brandy for the 3 tbsp coffee liquer. Thanks Diana, another winner