1/3 Photos of Tipsy, Tropical Trifle
This Trifle is a layered dessert that has a German influence from the wine though the trifle is of English origin. This one has lemon curd which is also a favorite of the English. Given a tropical feel from the apricots, bananas, coconut, and nuts! Fusion I would Say so! The hardest part of making this is the microwaved lemon curd which take all of 10 minutes. This makes a good pot luck dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Lemon Curd (Or store bought)
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
Canned or Softening apricots
- 1/2 cup white wine, like a sweet german gewurztraminer
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1For Curd.
- 2In a microwave safe dish, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, and sugar.
- 3Heat to dissolve sugar whisking after a minute.
- 4Add butter and stir until it has melted and combined.
- 5Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 6Beat eggs into cooled lemon mixture until well blended.
- 7Return to microwave oven and cook over medium-low, whisking ever minute, about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats spoon.
- 9Softening apricots.
- 10Add white Wine to Apricots for one hour then remove from wine.
- 11Pour the wine into a glass filled with ice for your self to enjoy while making trifle.
- 12For Pudding.
- 13Mix the pudding ingredients together whisk till smooth set aside.
- 15In a trifle bowl place half of the angel food cake follow with 1/2 of the lemon curd, pudding, apricots, bananas, 1/3 coconut, cashews and cool whip.
- 16Repeat with second layer.
- 17Top with 1/3 of cool whip garnish with rest of cashews a coconut.
- 18Refrigerate till ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tipsy, Tropical Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 450.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 54.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g