Recipe by AngelaTN
Coming from Lynchburg, Tennessee you knew these would not be complete without a bit of Jack Daniels! Recipe courtesy of Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 118.29 ml pecan halves, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan sweet potatoes in just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain and cool, then peel off skins.
- In mixing bowl mash the potatoes with butter.
- Add sugar, salt and whiskey.
- Spread half the potatoes in 1.5 quart buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the pecans. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.