Coming from Lynchburg, Tennessee you knew these would not be complete without a bit of Jack Daniels! Recipe courtesy of Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan sweet potatoes in just enough water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover and cook until tender, about 35 minutes.
- 3Drain and cool, then peel off skins.
- 4In mixing bowl mash the potatoes with butter.
- 5Add sugar, salt and whiskey.
- 6Spread half the potatoes in 1.5 quart buttered casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the pecans. Repeat layers.
- 7Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tipsy Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g