Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy and moist peach bread.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed (or can use fresh when in season)
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, add peaches and rum; cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Pour peach mixture into the container of a blender; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and next 7 ingredients.
- Add in peach mixture, egg, melted butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add almonds if desired and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; cover with foil to prevent over-browning and bake 15 minutes more or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove loaf from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
This bread was indeed moist, but I found the cloves to be overwhelming, even after the second day. I followed the recipe to the letter, but couldn't even taste the peaches because of the clove taste. I may try your other peach bread recipe next time.
Ok, I'm hooked. I was getting ready to try this bread out yesterday when my mom stopped by so I ended up doubling it so she could take a loaf home. I only had one bag of frozen peaches so I threw in a can of sliced peaches out of the pantry. I didn't add the nuts but put raisins in instead. Perfect! I did take mine out of the oven about 5 minutes early and it was slightly overdone but that could very well be my oven. It was still very moist.
I am in love with this peach bread. I used fresh peaches and it came out very moist. I especially loved the rum spice flavor. Very distinctive and different. I am making another loaf this morning. WeeHeeeee!!!