Recipe by Sherrybeth
These are a staple at any true Southerner's party. I've been making these for almost 20 years and everyone loves them and requests the recipe, so I decided to share it with you so I wouldn't have to keep making copies. I can just send them to Zaar!
Top Review by ReeLani
YUM! I made these today for a small New Year's Eve get-together. They smelled great while cooking and taste amazing. I only baked them for 45 minutes which was plenty. I'm going to share them but could easily eat them all myself. Thank you!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey (good quality!)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (or more if you like hot & spicy)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except pecans in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly,.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pecans and toss well to coat.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until nuts are crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Cool. Store in airtight container.