Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low-fat, low-calorie, spice smoky Mexican bean appetizer.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- avocado, small cubes
- sour cream (optional)
- Tostitos Scoops
- In medium skillet heat olive oil, garlic, cumin, and oregano over low heat until sizzling and fragrant.
- Stir in beans and salt. Increase heat to med-low.
- Add tequila and simmer 5 minutes.
- With back of spoon, mash beans until mixture is creamy.
- Stir in hot water if mixture is too thick.
- Spoon mixture onto Tostitos Corn Scoops. Top with a small dollop of sour cream and an avocado chunk and serve.