Recipe by Mercy
This recipe comes from the archives of the Bacardi Dark Rum test kitchens...I swear! I confess that I have not tried it yet, but it sure sounds unusual, doesn't it? Passive cooking time is actually cooling time.
- 1⁄2 lb raw chicken liver, chopped in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over medium heat with the minced garlic.
- Saute the chicken livers in the garlic butter until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, stir in the dark rum and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, place everything in a blender with the cream cheese, yogurt, salt and basil.
- Blend until smooth and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- Serve with crackers and raw vegetable crudites.