Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick easy and delicious chicken recipe we enjoy. Special enough to serve quests. Great with a green salad and crusty bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 59.14 ml liquid honey
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23-2.46 ml salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, julienned (I usually use 3)
- In pan over medium heat saute chicken in butter or oil.
- Add minced garlic stir in carefully, saute lightly.
- Stir in sherry, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Simmer covered about 20 minutes or until tender and no pink showing.
- Add vegetables, cook to tender crisp or as you prefer.
- Place chicken on platter, arrange vegetables around chicken, spoon sauce over chicken.
- If you wish a thicker sauce boil sauce a few extra minutes.
If you're looking for a recipe thats quick, easy and very tasty, this is it! Since I had leftover veggies from another day, I sauteed some chopped shallots with the chicken but excluded the carrrots & green onions at the end. I divided the quantities in half but made no changes to the timing when cooking for 2 people. It was perfect! I found the amount of sauce to be good for us but I did thicken it while I was plating the veggies. Thanks for another winner Gerry!
This was absolutely wonderful!!! After reading other reviews I doubled the sauce, as if it was as good as others had said I did not want to wish we had more. It definitely is a yummy sauce and I am sooo glad I did make the extra. I also added some chili flakes right at the end just to give some spice to the sweetness. I did taste it before doing this and it gorgeous without, this was just for our personal taste we like a little spice, when it is a sweet sauce. It is so very quick and easy to make, with such a wonderful end result. This will become one of our favourites, a great post Gerry.
This was excellent. I used a good red wine instead of sherry, and no green onions (didn't have any), otherwise followed recipe as is. The sauce cooked down to a wonderful glaze, and the carrots soaked up the flavor of the sauce and were delicious. Am definitely making this a regular.