Recipe by Gerry
A quick easy and delicious chicken recipe we enjoy. Special enough to serve quests. Great with a green salad and crusty bread.
Top Review by CountryLady
If you're looking for a recipe thats quick, easy and very tasty, this is it! Since I had leftover veggies from another day, I sauteed some chopped shallots with the chicken but excluded the carrrots & green onions at the end. I divided the quantities in half but made no changes to the timing when cooking for 2 people. It was perfect! I found the amount of sauce to be good for us but I did thicken it while I was plating the veggies. Thanks for another winner Gerry!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 green onions, cut into strips
- 2 carrots, julienned (I usually use 3)
Directions See How It's Made
- In pan over medium heat saute chicken in butter or oil.
- Add minced garlic stir in carefully, saute lightly.
- Stir in sherry, honey, lemon juice and salt.
- Simmer covered about 20 minutes or until tender and no pink showing.
- Add vegetables, cook to tender crisp or as you prefer.
- Place chicken on platter, arrange vegetables around chicken, spoon sauce over chicken.
- If you wish a thicker sauce boil sauce a few extra minutes.