Recipe by Dawn
Passed on to me by a co-worker, after a discussion about how to cook beef brisket. A different presentation than the brisket slathered with BBQ sauce.
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket (fat trimmed off)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (divided)
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil and leave enough overlap, so once you place brisket in pan, you can cover brisket with foil.
- Place trimmed brisket in pan with foil, cover with onions, and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside 1/3 cup beer.
- Combine remaining beer, brown sugar, bouillon, 1/4 tsp.
- pepper, garlic, and thyme.
- Pour mixture over meat and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Reserve drippings from pan@ 1/2 cup, and combine with 1/3 cup beer, and flour in a medium sauce pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat until mixture is bubbley and serve with meat.