Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is a simple recipe for a really great salsa. i use this as my base and go from there. hope you dig it!
- 28 ounces tomatoes, rinsed and drained very well (petite diced)
- 1 vidalia onion, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Open a bottle of your favorite beer; drink beer while following next steps:
- Place all ingredients into a bowl.
- Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for flavors to blend.
- I find this is great time for another beer.
- I make variations of this basic recipe using such peppers as chipotle or scotch bonnet.
- the possibilities are endless.