Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A sparkling wine cocktail takes the celebration that one step further!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- fresh thyme sprig (25 leaves plucked off the stem of a thyme sprig)
- 1 ounce fresh blood orange juice
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce thyme syrup
- 3 ounces sparkling rose wine
- lemon, wheel for garnish
- thyme, sprig for garnish
- Make thyme syrup: Bring ingredients to a boil in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool. Double strain into a glass bottle.
- To make cocktail: Pour juices and syrup into a Champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with lemon wheel with sprig of thyme on rime of glass.