Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is posted in response to a request. Tippins made the absolute best cakey cornbread that they served with whipped honey butter. YUM!
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml milk
- 255.14 g packagejiffy yellow cake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cake mix according to directions, being careful not to beat air into mixture.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and gently fold in cake batter.
- Pour into two greased 8 inch pie pans or a 13-by-9-by2-inch baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, estimated to be about 25-35 minutes.