Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted in response to a request. Tippins made the absolute best cakey cornbread that they served with whipped honey butter. YUM!
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 236.59 ml milk
- 255.14 g packagejiffy yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cake mix according to directions, being careful not to beat air into mixture.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and gently fold in cake batter.
- Pour into two greased 8 inch pie pans or a 13-by-9-by2-inch baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, estimated to be about 25-35 minutes.
It was excellent but I also like my cornbread to be extra moist so I added an 18oz cake mix and it was just perfect. Great recipe. Thanks.
I haven't tried this yet, but I have made a Tippins like cornbread by using 2 Jiffy cornmeal mixes and I white cake mix making both according to directions, except I use the whole egg in the cake mix and then blend together and bake. It tastes very good to us. You might want to try that. Sincerely, Sharon
Delicious cake-like cornbread. Taste like eating a dessert. I made it like the recipe stated. Served it with a salad and beans, yum. I will be making this again, the recipe is in my cookbook. Thank you MG for posting the recipe.