Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is posted in response to a request. Tippins made the absolute best cakey cornbread that they served with whipped honey butter. YUM!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (9 ounce) packagejiffy yellow cake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix cake mix according to directions, being careful not to beat air into mixture.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and gently fold in cake batter.
- Pour into two greased 8 inch pie pans or a 13-by-9-by2-inch baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, estimated to be about 25-35 minutes.