A traditional Finnish dessert of festivals and celebrations. The Tippaleivät is a round ball version of the American funnel cakes. The use of a medal collar will aid in the ball shape when making these fritters.
- Mix the eggs and sugar, but don't beat! Add the other ingredients and stir into a smooth batter.
- Put the batter into a paper cone or a pastry bag fitted with a small-holed nozzle.
- Squeeze the batter in a thin band into the hot oil. Use a spiral motion to form nest-like cookies. If possible, use a metal ring in the pot to keep the cookies in shape.
- When the cookies have turned golden brown, remove and drain them on paper towels.
- Dust the cold cookies with powdered sugar.