Recipe by Elaniemay
Tippaleipä are served for "Vapu", the Finnish celebration on the First of May. The Finnish drink, eat and dance, ;probably because they are happy that the long winter is over. Kind of reminds me of funnel cake! I have not made this, but posted for ZWT6. I have no idea how many 'nests' this makes.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, milk, yeast, sugar, eggs and salt and beat for a few minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and allow the batter to rise for one hour.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Use a piping bag and pipe the batter in the oil in the form of a bird's nest.
- Fry the nests until golden brown and sprinkle them with icing sugar.