Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a baking tip. I may have read this somewhere and stuck it way in the back of my mind. To have it jump back out a few days ago. So I'm putting here so I remember to do this again, just incase I stick it back in the back part of my brain again. If this was your idea I appologize for dublicating and let me know so I can eliminate this post and add yours to my long lost recipe cookbook :) I have tried this and it works! pretty well I might add.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Heilmanns)
- 1 double crust pie crust
- Make your pie, I made an apple pie.
- I had just put on the top crust and was thinking well here goes another wasted egg yolk, (Actually, I don't waste it I feed it to the dog), to egg wash the top.
- I like the glazey look and it helps hold sugar if I should decide to sprinkle some on the top crust.
- So, I'm thinking what else can I put on the top -- looking in refer.
- Hey! mayo it has eggs, oil and vinegar. I remember somewhere that someone had suggested putting vinegar in pie crust (another one for the deep dark areas of my brain, I should clean it out might be more interesting tid bits).
- So the rest of the story is I brushed the top crust with mayo, baked the pie the way I normally do.
- It worked out great :) was easier to use, and no left over yolk.
- Yes I will do this again.
A tip as hot as knowing how to use a semicolon. Used on recipe #110960.