1/1 Photo of Tip: No Egg Wash Tip
This is a baking tip. I may have read this somewhere and stuck it way in the back of my mind. To have it jump back out a few days ago. So I'm putting here so I remember to do this again, just incase I stick it back in the back part of my brain again. If this was your idea I appologize for dublicating and let me know so I can eliminate this post and add yours to my long lost recipe cookbook :) I have tried this and it works! pretty well I might add.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods, Heilmanns)
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 1Make your pie, I made an apple pie.
- 2I had just put on the top crust and was thinking well here goes another wasted egg yolk, (Actually, I don't waste it I feed it to the dog), to egg wash the top.
- 3I like the glazey look and it helps hold sugar if I should decide to sprinkle some on the top crust.
- 4So, I'm thinking what else can I put on the top -- looking in refer.
- 5Hey! mayo it has eggs, oil and vinegar. I remember somewhere that someone had suggested putting vinegar in pie crust (another one for the deep dark areas of my brain, I should clean it out might be more interesting tid bits).
- 6So the rest of the story is I brushed the top crust with mayo, baked the pie the way I normally do.
- 7It worked out great :) was easier to use, and no left over yolk.
- 8Yes I will do this again.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tip: No Egg Wash Tip
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2355.4
- Calories from Fat 1474
- Total Fat 163.8 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 2786.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 24.1 g