1/3 Photos of Tiny Texas Taco Tarts
This is so quick and easy to put together and looks really special. You can use whatever toppings you happen to have on hand. The filling can also be served as a dip with veggies, fritos or tortilla chips. Prep time includes thawing time while preparing the filling, but does not include chill time. I think this came from somewhere on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 individual frozen miniature phyllo cups, thawed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, as needed*
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, prepackaged is okay
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, bottled is fine
- 1Follow direction on package for preparing phyllo shells.
- 2Mix the next 5 ingredients.
- 3I usually prepare and chill the filling early in the day and then fill the tarts & add with toppings shortly before serving. I do not bake the shells.
- 4Or you can bake the shells, cool, fill the tarts, put on toppings, arrange on platter and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- 5*Add just enough to make it creamy. I always just add lemon juice to milk to sour.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiny Texas Taco Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature phyllo cups