Recipe by Junebug
This is so quick and easy to put together and looks really special. You can use whatever toppings you happen to have on hand. The filling can also be served as a dip with veggies, fritos or tortilla chips. Prep time includes thawing time while preparing the filling, but does not include chill time. I think this came from somewhere on the internet.
Top Review by buffettfanz
Prepared these for a Bridal Shower on Saturday and got positive feedback. My Mother-In-Law loved them! I did not bake my phyllo shells. I used the buttermilk in mine, but do not think that it was necessary after tasting them. Would recommend recipe! Thank you!
- 30 individual frozen miniature phyllo cups, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk, as needed*
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix, prepackaged is okay
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, bottled is fine
- grated carrot
- shredded cheese
- finely chopped green onion
- minced red bell peppers or yellow bell peppers or green bell pepper
- shredded lettuce, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow direction on package for preparing phyllo shells.
- Mix the next 5 ingredients.
- I usually prepare and chill the filling early in the day and then fill the tarts & add with toppings shortly before serving. I do not bake the shells.
- Or you can bake the shells, cool, fill the tarts, put on toppings, arrange on platter and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- *Add just enough to make it creamy. I always just add lemon juice to milk to sour.