Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
These are great little desserts to have on the holiday dessert table. Instead of making a bunch of pies, I'll whip up these and everyone can have a lil bit of everything. Tasty pecan pie or pumpkin pie. Great presentation.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, these tasted very good! I didn't have mini muffin pans so I used a regular tartelette pan and got four of these wonderful treats out of the recipe. The dough was so easy to work with and the whole recipe came together so quickly. My tarts had to bake a little longer than stated, but that was probably because mine were bigger. For the filling I used fresh squash which I had boiled for 25 minutes and then mashed. Instead of pumpkin pie spice I used cinnamon cause that's what I had on hand. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe, Chef~V! I can't wait to make them again. And I think I might try a vanilla filling next time...
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat margarine or butter and cream cheese until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour. Roll rounded-teaspoonsbul of dough into balls. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of mini-muffin cups.
- Fill each pastry with 1 heaping teaspoon of desired filling.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat ingredients together until mixed well.
- Bake at 325 degree for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed.
- Cool slightly in pan
- Remove from cups and cool completely on a wire rack.