Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These little quiches are just the right size for appetizers. Easy to make ahead and reheat if necessary.
- 1 double crust pie crust, prepared
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Roll out one half of pie crust.
- Using 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out 12 rounds.
- Press rounds down into a miniature muffin cup, pressing excess against the sides.
- Repeat for the other pan with the other crust.
- Drain spinach and squeeze dry if necessary.
- Cook bacon and drain.
- Add onions to bacon drippings and cook until softened.
- Beat eggs in a bowl with crumbled bacon and cooked onion.
- Add half and half, cheese, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix in drained chopped spinach, coating spinach well.
- Fill quiche pastry with spinach mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes then loosen with a knife blade.
- Serve warm.
These are super-nomsome. Several will happily disappear into each person present in their vicinity. I took them to my weekly foodie potluck, and they were vacuumed up within minutes of my arrival. I used veggie bacon (Morningstar) because I'm too lazy to fuss with real bacon.
Okay, and easy, but didn't get raves.
These are great little appetizers.Quick and easy and delicious. Everyone raved about them.