Recipe by MMMTMommy
This is so yummy! It was made at a town gathering and now everyone in town makes it! Serve it with a little fried rice and it is a perfect meal! I think I should clarify based on the reviews. The cornstarch on the chicken is what thickens it when it cooks. If not enough cornstarch is used it will not thicken when it cooks.
Top Review by coleyboboley04
MMM I got my tiny spicy chicken fix I have been needing for 6 years. I use to live in Logan and I would always order the Tiny Spicy chicken and I have missed it. I would recommend doubling the chili paste, otherwise it will be way too sweet.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- garlic salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all cut up chicken into a 9x13-inch pan and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Let sit at least one hour.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl and pour the box of cornstarch on a large plate. The pieces get dipped in the egg and then the cornstarch.
- Fry them in a pan over medium heat in batches with a little olive oil (I have tried using pan spray to make them a little lower fat but it is too much to handle).
- After frying them, place them in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients in the sauce in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves only. Pour this over the breaded chicken in the pan.
- Cook at 325°F stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.