1/1 Photo of Tiny Spicy Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
This is so yummy! It was made at a town gathering and now everyone in town makes it! Serve it with a little fried rice and it is a perfect meal! I think I should clarify based on the reviews. The cornstarch on the chicken is what thickens it when it cooks. If not enough cornstarch is used it will not thicken when it cooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) box cornstarch
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- garlic salt
- 1Place all cut up chicken into a 9x13-inch pan and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- 2Let sit at least one hour.
- 3Mix the eggs in a bowl and pour the box of cornstarch on a large plate. The pieces get dipped in the egg and then the cornstarch.
- 4Fry them in a pan over medium heat in batches with a little olive oil (I have tried using pan spray to make them a little lower fat but it is too much to handle).
- 5After frying them, place them in a 9x13-inch pan.
- 6Mix all of the ingredients in the sauce in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves only. Pour this over the breaded chicken in the pan.
- 7Cook at 325°F stirring every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiny Spicy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 238.2 mg
- Sodium 1267.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 70.5 g
- Protein 53.6 g