Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great little appetizer that can be created ahead or to "each his own". You can set out bowls of the toppings and let guests fill their own potatoes. The potatoes may be served slightly warm or chilled--this recipe is versatile!
- 12 small red potatoes or 12 small white new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup sour cream
- black caviar
- chopped olive, etc
- Wash the potatoes.
- Boil or steam until barely tender, about 20 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato. This will help it sit evenly on your serving platter.
- Cut off the top of each potato. Scoop out a small hollow (about the size of a tablespoon) from the center. ***For convenience, this step may be done ahead; simply cover potatoes with foil, and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- To serve, place a spoonful of sour cream in each cavity, with desired topping/toppings.