Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Hershey's Easy Baking
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- chocolate chips (any type)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat peanut butter and shortening until well mixed, then beat in the two sugars until light.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together, then add in 3 batches to the peanut butter mixture, beating well between additions.
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes or so before baking.
- Using a 1/4 tsp, roll dough into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in granulated sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5-6 minutes and remove from oven.
- Immediately press a chocolate chip into the center of each cookie.
- Let cookies cool a minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: the chocolate chip will be warm and gooey for some time, so be careful before stacking them.