Recipe by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
Serve this to or eat yourself when the body and soul needs a gentle hug… Kids love it with the little alphabet pasta. Be sure to cook the pasta first and drain so the soup is not too starchy. You can sneak in anything green that you like, but sometimes, it's nice to have a simple pleasure...
- 236.59 ml pastina or 236.59 ml any other type tiny pasta
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and pepper
- 0.59 ml grated fresh nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese or 59.14 ml romano cheese
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil or 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Season the stock with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pastina, cook for 1 minute and add the beaten eggs and remove from the heat.
- Whisk until eggs form strings.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and olive oil (or unsalted butter) and parsley if using.
- Hug your friend or yourself and enjoy!