1/1 Photo of Tiny Pasta and Egg Soup
Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
Serve this to or eat yourself when the body and soul needs a gentle hug… Kids love it with the little alphabet pasta. Be sure to cook the pasta first and drain so the soup is not too starchy. You can sneak in anything green that you like, but sometimes, it's nice to have a simple pleasure...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pastina or 1 cup any other type tiny pasta
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- 2Beat the eggs.
- 3In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- 4Season the stock with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 5Add the cooked pastina, cook for 1 minute and add the beaten eggs and remove from the heat.
- 6Whisk until eggs form strings.
- 7Garnish with Parmesan cheese and olive oil (or unsalted butter) and parsley if using.
- 8Hug your friend or yourself and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiny Pasta and Egg Soup
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 176.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: