Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this to or eat yourself when the body and soul needs a gentle hug… Kids love it with the little alphabet pasta. Be sure to cook the pasta first and drain so the soup is not too starchy. You can sneak in anything green that you like, but sometimes, it's nice to have a simple pleasure...
- 1 cup pastina or 1 cup any other type tiny pasta
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Season the stock with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pastina, cook for 1 minute and add the beaten eggs and remove from the heat.
- Whisk until eggs form strings.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and olive oil (or unsalted butter) and parsley if using.
- Hug your friend or yourself and enjoy!
To make this even better, add a generous amount of Parmesan cheese to the eggs and beat them together before adding to the soup.
I made this for my husband and he just loved it! I used orzo, as that was all I could find at the time that was tiny. So simple and quick to make! Thanks!