Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for a dinner party
- 12 new red potatoes, as small as possible
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Remove a spiral of skin from each potato with a small, sharp knife.
- Cook the potatoes in 4 quarts of salted boiling water until just tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Drain Combine the grated lemon rind, capers, garlic, mint, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the potatoes and saute them until they are golden brown.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon rind mixture, and toss well.
- Season with the pepper.
We just ate these, and they were fantastic. We halved the salt in the "dressing" because the capers are salty too. We also fried the garlic with the potatoes for the last couple of minutes because we have had a raw garlic overload lately. Try these, they're great!
Fantastic recipe, I think this is my new favorite Food.com recipe!! These came out crisp on the outside with a fantastic flavor from the lemon, mint, and capers. Great job, this ones a keeper!
I made them as stated and they were delicious! A very nice spin with the mint. Next time I'll cut down on the salt. Thanks tish!