Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
My neighbour made these for her little boy's birthday, they were a great hit, she left out the nuts and mixed in Hundreds and Thousands.
- 125 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped (or walnuts)
- To make the cones:- Cut twenty-five 9cm foil squares.
- Fold each diagonally in half to make a triangle. Hold each triangle with the long side towards you.
- Bring lower right point over to meet top point. Roll left side of foil around right side to form a cone with a tight point at the bottom; secure with tape. Repeat with the other squares.
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium bowl.
- Heat, covered on HIGH 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, or until melted.
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Set the bowl over iced water; beat mixture until fluffy.
- Fold in nuts, keeping 1 Tbsp.
- Spoon the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a medium star tube; pipe into foil cones.
- Sprinkle with reserved nuts.
- Put in the refrigerator for a least 1 hour or until set. Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.