Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Satisfy that cookie craving in very small bites!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt shortening in microwave and cool.
- Whip whites until nearly stiff.
- Add sugars and syrup and mix.
- Add shortening and vanilla and mix.
- Combined dry incgredients (not chips) and mix in.
- Mix in chips.
- Freeze one hour.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoon.
- Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes.
Note that the freezing time does help to drop the batter (very sticky) so don't be too hasty in pre-heating your oven unless you like a hot kitchen. I made the first batch on my bare non stick pans and that was a mistake. I destroyed half the cookies on the first pan trying to get them off. If you do this, throw them back in the oven for a minute to get them hot again and pry them off with a flipper. OR Save yourself the grief and line your pans with parchment--much easier to get off intact. A touch salty in the end, but adorable cookies.
These are so good! The only substitution I made was to use canola oil instead of shortening. These were very toll-housey and lovely. Nice taste, great texture, and really cool that they are so small. Nice to just pop in your mouth! Thanks so much!!