Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This are absolutely addictive! I think they originally came from Taste of Home. Cooking time does not include cooling time.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Shape into 24 balls and press up sides of greased mini muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Add egg; beat on low just until combined.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp into each cup.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from pans to cool completely.
- Top with pie filling.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I make these often ever since I found the recipe in TOH and they are fantastic. They are always a crowd pleaser at parties and look beautiful. Sometimes the crust tends to stick in the muffin tin, so a little tip that has worked for me is to run a sharp tipped knife around the edges after they are out of the oven and have cooled for about 5 minutes and make sure they are completely cooled before removing from the pan. Thanks for posting this great recipe!