Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one I'm saving from the depths of obscurity in my computer. Haven't tried yet, but they sure sound good!
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
For the batter
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Make a paste of green chili and ginger. Take the boiled and mashed.
- potatoes, add the paste, lime juice, coriander leaves,turmeric,salt to.
- taste. Mix well and keep aside. Take bread slices and make 3.
- sandwiches out of them using the potato mixture as a filling. Press.
- each sandwich well and cut them into 4 or 9 pieces depending upon the.
- size of the bread slice. Make the batter of the flour by mixing all.
- the ingredients and then adding enough water to make the batter of.
- thick pouring consistency. Heat oil a frying pan, dip each small.
- piece of potato sandwich and deep fry till golden. Serve with tomato.
- ketchup. Serves 4-6.