Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using my new (to me) VitaMix blender, I've been experimenting with smoothie options. I don't like milk, yogurt, or even much ice cream so the usual recipes don't appeal to me. However, at Jamba Juice I always sub pineapple sherbert in my drinks. To date, this is my favorite homemade smoothie & it's the closest to my favorite Jamba flavor. I'm posting it now so I don't forget what combination I used this time. :) It's a tropical, not too sweet, drink with all frozen fruit & juice.
- 1⁄4 cup mango-orange juice, frozen concentrate
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large banana, frozen & peeled
- 2 scoops pineapple sherbet
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cold water
- Pour all fruit & 1-1/2 cups of the water into VitaMix or other blender & blend until smooth. Add more water as necessary.
We love smoothies around here, & with your name on it, I just knew I had to try it (knew I'd love it, too!) & we did! Got all the ingredients in it, but I did substitute 1 cup of OJ & 1 cup of mango nectar for the frozen concentrate the water! Absolutely wonderful, & a great beverage recipe to keep around! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]