1/5 Photos of Tink's Crunchy Panko Chicken
Inspired by the RSC #15 contest and it's secret ingredients, this chicken came out fabulous & my family has requested it nightly since I made it. Unfortunately, they didn't like the sauce I created to go with it so the recipe never made it to the contest entry stage. We like to eat this chicken with some cooked pasta and spaghetti sauce. They say it tastes like KFC, and while I don't agree, it does have a similar texture and a great flavor. Thanks to the first two reviewers' comments that garlic powder would be a nice addition, I've added it to the recipe as well. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs found in the baking aisle of the grocery.)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste, table salt can be substituted)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray foil with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3Trim fat from thighs, if needed, rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- 4In pie plate or similar sized dish, combine Panko crumbs, flour, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- 5In second pie plate or dish, combine mayo and smoked paprika.
- 6Coat each chicken thigh with a light to medium coat of the mayo mixture and then roll in Panko mixture.
- 7Arrange in the prepared baking dish with a little space between each piece of chicken, if possible.
- 8Bake uncovered for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tink's Crunchy Panko Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.0 mg
- Sodium 516.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 31.3 g