1/1 Photo of Tink's Crock Pot Roast
8 hrs 15 mins
One of those busy day "What have I got in the pantry today?" recipes. I wasn't going to be home for most of the day and knew I'd be tired when I got home, so I created this easy to prep pot roast and put it in the crock pot. When I got home the house was filled with a delicious aroma and the meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender. It was a welcome sight after a long day. I hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18-1360.77 g boneless cross-rib roast
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-2 inch pieces (I used a 1/2 package of baby carrots)
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml beef base (or a 14oz can of beef broth)
- 473.18 ml hot water (if using a can of beef broth, the water is not needed)
For Optional Gravy
- 59.16 ml of all-purpose flour stirred into 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Arrange potatoes, onions and carrots in bottom of crock pot.
- 2In a small bowl, combine celery salt, oregano, thyme, sea salt & pepper.
- 3Massage the spices into the roast and place the roast atop the veggies.
- 4Toss in the bay leaf.
- 5Pour beef base and water mixture (or beef broth) over the roast and veggies.
- 6Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on LOW setting for approximately 6-8 hours or until roast and veggies are tender.
- 7Optional: For gravy you can stir in the flour and water mixture in the last 30 minutes of cooking time and turn the crock pot up to High setting.
- 8I prefer to remove the meat and veggies from the crock pot and pour the liquid into a saucepan. Bring to a slight boil and slowly pour in flour and water mixture while stirring constantly. Bring to a full boil and cook and stir until it thickens up to your liking. About 3-5 minutes total.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tink's Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 485.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 49.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: