1/2 Photos of Tingly Szechuan Pepper Beef Noodles
Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dried chinese noodles or 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 small red chili pepper, such as fresno, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons szechwan pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced on an angle
- chili oil or sriracha sauce, for serving
- 1Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain.
- 2While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 3 turns of the pan, over high heat until smoking. Pat the ground beef dry with a paper towel, then crumble it into the hot oil.
- 3Add the onion, chile, garlic, ginger, szechuan pepper and five-spice powder to the beef. Stir-fry until the onion is slightly softened, 2 minutes.
- 4Add the noodles to the beef mixture. Stir in the tamari (or liquid amino). Remove from the heat and toss with the lettuce and scallions. Serve with the chili oil (or sriracha).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tingly Szechuan Pepper Beef Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.0
- Calories from Fat 562
- Total Fat 62.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1592.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder