Recipe by ProudMamaT
These are BIG, messy, have to eat with a fork burritos. They're a favorite in my household. I usually use canned refried beans because, I get lazy. However, you could make your own beans to make them truly authentic. Enjoy!
- 8 chicken tenderloins (the bagged frozen kind, defrosted)
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon (I use Knorr's caldo con sabor de pollo)
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon canned diced jalapeno
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups rice (prepared mexican style, try Authentic Mexican Rice)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the chicken bouillon in the 2 cups of warm water. pour into pot.
- Add the chicken and all other ingredients to the pot except the cheese, beans, rice, flour and tortillas.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to simmer for about an hour.
- After chicken is finished, start cooking the rice.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and shred it.(do this by pulling it apart using two forks).
- In a small dish, whisk the tablespoon of flour and a few tablespoons of the broth together and then return to the pot.(just to thicken the broth a bit).
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Warm tortillas on a comal (a round flat griddle pan usually cast iron)
- Fill tortillas with some beans, rice and chicken. Add a sprinkle of shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, a dollop of guacamole and some diced tomatoes.
- Fold it up into a burrito and enjoy!