1/1 Photo of Tina's Taco Salad
This recipe comes from one of my grandmother's former co-workers. It is a summer staple; it would be a crime should we not eat it at least once during the year!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger, browned and seasoned
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lettuce head
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) box cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives, sliced in thirds
- 1Brown the hamburger with the taco seasoning, saving some of the seasoning for the dressing.
- 2Mix together the kidney beans, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl.
- 3Whisk together Thousand Island dressing, salsa, seasoning, and sugar in a small plastic storage container.
- 4Combine the salad and meat.
- 5Pour the crushed Doritos over the salad.
- 6When serving, pour the dressing over the salad AFTER it has been put on the plate. Otherwise, the Doritos will get soggy after a while.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tina's Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.8
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 1270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 24.2 g