1/2 Photos of Tina's Overnight Sausage & Egg Casserole
24 hrs 15 mins
A former co-worker shared this recipe with me. It is rich and ohhhh so yummy. I only make this once a year, on Christmas Eve, and pop it into the oven Christmas morning as we open gifts. This is still a rather rich dish, although I have lightned it up from Tina's full fat original version. By all means, if you prefer full fat versions, please do so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease an 8x8" square glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter each slice of bread on 1 side only.
- 3Place the bread slices inthe bottom of the pan, cutting to fit in 1 even layer, buttered sides facing up.
- 4Sprinkle with cooked sausage and cheese.
- 5Layer the next 3 slices of bread on top, butter side up again.
- 6Mix eggs and milk together, adding some salt & pepper to taste, and pour over the bread.
- 7Press the bread down lightly with your fingers to ensure that everything is moistened.
- 8Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- 9Bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or untilt he top is puffed and lightly browned.
- 10Cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tina's Overnight Sausage & Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 481.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean sausage meat