1 hr 10 mins
I wanted to make something using orange and black colors for Halloween and came up with sweet potato, black bean and cheese quesadillas. These wedges are comfortingly good at any time of year, but especially cute for Halloween! My kids love them plain...I love them with a spicy cilantro salsa!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Cut several slashes into each sweet potato.
- 2Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Mash the hot sweet potatoes in a bowl. Reduce oven heat to 200°F.
- 3Heat a skillet over medium heat, and warm a tortilla in the skillet until pliable, about 2 minutes. Flip the tortilla over and sprinkle the tortilla to about 1/2-inch of the edge with 1/3 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and spread about 1/3 cup of mashed potatoes over the melted cheese. Spread 2 or 3 tablespoons of black beans over the sweet potatoes. Fold the tortilla in half, enclosing the filling. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas; keep filled quesadillas warm in the oven.
- 4Serve in wedges topped with salsa.
- 5COOK'S NOTE: Use a pizza cutter to cut the wedges.
- 6Baking the sweet potato ahead of time will save time. Mash and heat the potatoes in the microwave before spreading onto the tortillas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tina's Halloween Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 950.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 1406.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 40.8 g