1/1 Photo of Tina's Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes
My friend and former co-worker, Tina, very kindly shared this family favorite recipe. I have made them many times over the years for parties. They are easy and always the first thing to go from the dessert table when I serve them. You can spread the batter out to as many as 24 muffin tins, if needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18-24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Line 18 regular size muffin tins with foil baking cup papers (the regular paper ones get too soggy).
- 3Place one cookie in the bottom of each baking cup.
- 4In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 5Add sugar, cocoa, and flour, blending well.
- 6Add eggs, beating well.
- 7Stir in sour cream and almond extract.
- 8Fill each prepared tin almost full with cream cheese mixture- but leaving room for rising and for the topping which will get added later.
- 9Bake 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- 10Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- 11Mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla for the topping while the cakes are cooling.
- 12Spread a heaping teaspoonful of topping onto each cake; the cakes will still be warm at this point.
- 13Let cakes cool in pans about 30 minutes, then CHILL well.
- 14Garnish each cake just before serving with a dollop of cherry pie filling- if you do this too far in advance, the topping will cause the cheesecakes to get soggy.
- 15You may have extra pie filling left over.
- 16Keep leftover cheesecakes chilled.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tina's Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g