Recipe by HeatherFeather
My friend and former co-worker, Tina, very kindly shared this family favorite recipe. I have made them many times over the years for parties. They are easy and always the first thing to go from the dessert table when I serve them. You can spread the batter out to as many as 24 muffin tins, if needed.
Top Review by Leta
A wonderful recipe for chocolate cheesecake. I halved the recipe because there are only two of us. Instead of the cupcake papers I baked it in my 4" mini-springform pans. I baked it for about 30 minutes, and then turned off the oven and let it set in the oven for about another 10 minutes before cooling on a rack. A half recipe made 3 of these pans. I also reduced the sugar by half, substituting Splenda for the omitted sugar. I folded about 1/2 cup of Lite Cool Whip into the topping mixture. Even with the reduced fat and sugar this makes a delicious cheesecake.
- 18-24 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 295.73 ml granulated sugar
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 18 regular size muffin tins with foil baking cup papers (the regular paper ones get too soggy).
- Place one cookie in the bottom of each baking cup.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa, and flour, blending well.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Stir in sour cream and almond extract.
- Fill each prepared tin almost full with cream cheese mixture- but leaving room for rising and for the topping which will get added later.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla for the topping while the cakes are cooling.
- Spread a heaping teaspoonful of topping onto each cake; the cakes will still be warm at this point.
- Let cakes cool in pans about 30 minutes, then CHILL well.
- Garnish each cake just before serving with a dollop of cherry pie filling- if you do this too far in advance, the topping will cause the cheesecakes to get soggy.
- You may have extra pie filling left over.
- Keep leftover cheesecakes chilled.